What is the TGA web service?
- We offer Web Service as a distribution method for CMIs, PIs, and Drug Images. Companies, both Sponsors and health information providers, frequently use web services for automatic and real time delivery of medicine information without the need for manual intervention
- The TGA web service ensures Sponsors meet their Compliance Obligations with the TGA, and is available to all Sponsors using the Secure Data Warehouse. TGA-specific functions include:
- Automatic submission of all new and revised Published CMI and PI documents to TGA - published directly on the TGA eBusiness Services website as soon as the document is released
- Automatic submission of all new and revised Not for Publication PI documents to TGA - stored on the TGA Repository as soon as the document is released, but not made available for publication
- TGA-specific version control and auditing facilities for CMIs and PIs
With a single click of a button, Sponsors ensure the currency of their documents at all distribution points:
- Electronic distribution of CMIs to all pharmacies, enabling CMIs to be printed at the point of dispense
- 45+ health information providers, such as:
- Medical Publishers including AusDI and MIMS
- Government Departments including the Department of Health and Ageing - Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) and Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Industry organisations including the National Prescribing Service (NPS) and Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Web service clients such as Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), www.medicines.o
rg.au and Sponsor websites
- CMI Print is a customised application which integrates with Australian Dispense Software applications. It makes CMIs available at the point of dispense in 5,400 retail and hospital pharmacies.
- CMI Print allows:
- the Dispense Software application to automatically identify, display and print the CMI for the drug currently being dispensed
- personalisation of the CMI to print the Patient Name, Address, and Pharmacy Name and Address on the document at the point of dispense
- We recently re-engineered CMI Print to take advantage of Web Service technology. In mid 2012, the periodic monthly updates of CMIs distributed to pharmacies via Dispense Software Vendors change to real time delivery.
- The new CMI Print not only makes CMIs available at the point of dispense in real time, pharmacists can also select the CMI output that best suits the needs of the consumer, be it:
- a printed PDF document
- an email link to the audio file available on www.medicines.o
- an electronic request to Vision Australia to print the CMI in Braille (currently not available)